Points worth a mention:
- The Sbahn from the airport is S13 towards Duren and is 4 stops to Koln HBF which is right beside the Cathedral (it’s unbelievable how tall it is in person).
- Barney Valley’s Irish Pub (Kleine Budengasse) is in Altermarkt and is minutes away from the Cathedral. It’s an amazing Irish Pub with a wide spirits selection (hard to find in Germany from what I’ve experienced) and the barmaid is lovely and even gave us her umbrella when it rained.
- Nudelhaus am Dom (Am Hof 20) was where we spent lunch for both days we were in Cologne. We had both pizza and pasta which were around €10 each and were deliiicious; it’s also right beside the Cathedral so we sat outside with a gorgeous view.
- The Rheingarten is a gorgeous place to lounge around beside the river, me and Ashleigh fell asleep here on saturday after a hard night partying.
- Our hotel Alt Deutzer Eck was *ahem* bad….see my review here.
- The pub crawl we went on was INCREDIBLE and I couldn’t recommend it enough! We went to 5 clubs including Flora, Jameson’s Distillery and Crystal- Jameson’s (Friesenstrasse) and Crystal (Hohenzollernring) were by far the best stops on the crawl!!